Taking the Complexity Out of Degassing

3-Phase Oxidation® Powerful, Low Emissions System in a Small Package

UP TO 80% FASTER JOB TURNAROUND

99.9% Vapor Destruction Efficiency

90% Lower Carbon Footprint

PATENTED TECHNOLOGY

HC Destruction Rate (ppm)

  • BRB/Sherline
  • Thermal Oxidizer

How Does 3-Phase Oxidation® Work?

3-Phase Oxidation® utilizes internal combustion methodology, but any comparison to typical IC Engines stops there. This is a complete re-invention of ICE specifically for the purpose of vapor destruction. Everything has been painstakingly designed and created altogether new from the inside out.

Two crucial aspects are patented, plus many other innovative designs that are secret intellectual property. The result is massive vapor destruction capability packed into a small, highly portable unit. Our entire system is deployed on a small 8×12 foot truck, trailer or skid mounted unit with no extra supporting equipment. Simply park it next to the storage tank or other large transportation vessel that needs to be degassed, then hook up a 6 inch hose with quick release cam loc, and start degassing. That’s it!

At 5,000 cfm the total throughput is second to none. But what’s most crucial to understand is the ratio percentage of VOC’s that are destroyed relative to the total throughput. We call this the “HC (Hydrocarbon) Destruction Rate.” Thermal oxidizers typically have an HC Destruction Rate of as little as 15,000 ppm, or only 1.5% of total throughput is actually VOC’s being destroyed—the remaining 98.5% is dilutive air. 3-Phase Oxidation® by comparison has an HC Destruction Rate of 120,000 ppm (minimum), or 12% of the total throughput—that’s up to 8 times more VOC’s being destroyed for every cubic foot of throughput. Or, put another way, thermal oxidizers require up to 8 times more throughput cycles to complete the degassing job making 3-Phase Oxidation® exponentially faster. Add to this the fact that setup and teardown time is minutes instead of hours and the total job turnaround time is reduced by as much as 80%.

This is indeed a total game changer for vapor destruction. It’s a quantum leap improvement in performance with wide scale applications for degassing, flare units, and other uses where harmful vapors need to be eliminated quickly and easily on site.

“CFM” Alone is Not the
Pure Measure for Vapor Destruction

HC Destruction Rate is What Really Counts

CFM (“flow rate”) is only part of the equation as a measure of vapor destruction performance. With thermal oxidizers (most common method for high-volume degassing) the majority of air flow is derived from ambient “dilution” air, rather than actually processing vapors from the tank. The bottom line is that our proprietary 3-Phase Oxidation® system distinctly maximizes the air flow to vapor destruction ratio by measures that are absolutely unequaled. Put another way; we destroy up to 8x more ppm of hydrocarbons per cubic foot of flow vs. thermal oxidizers. We call this the Hydrocarbon (HC) Destruction Rate. Higher HC Destruction Rate translates into a radically shorter degassing run-time because vapors are consumed multiple times more efficiently and quickly.

*The chart above illustrates how our higher HC Destruction Rate performs compared to thermal oxidizers based on a hypothetical degassing job for 120-foot diameter tank with floating roof on 6-foot legs (70,000 cubic foot vapor space), and 5,000 cfm flow rate for both systems. (For illustration purposes only. Each degassing job has unique variables such as sludge, etc. that can alter turnaround times.)

Plug ‘n Play Functionality

3-Phase Oxidation® is so simple to operate that most of the variables that are typical with thermal oxidizers are eliminated. From set-up… to operation… to tear-down, the process is drastically simplified making degassing far easier, safer and less expensive.